Shelby. 19. Doctor Who. BBC Sherlock. Harry Potter. LotR. Orphan Black. Orange is the New Black. Star Wars. Star Trek. Tabletop Gaming. all-around nerd-tastic, human rights, rainbow gatherings, literature, gay things, etc. DFTBA!
Did you see that snake that's friends with a frog? Apparently they were raised together and now they are buddies c:
Grown in captivity together, the pair display no signs of aggression or fear, comfortable with their encounters high up in the leafy branches.
"I was worried the python may swallow this beautiful frog," said Fahmi Bhs, the 39-year-old photo enthusiast from Jakarta. "But then a keeper told me that this particular snake doesn’t eat frogs at all and it did seem almost undisturbed by its presence. The python occasionally sniffed around the frog but then it just let the creature do whatever he needed to do."
The frog’s behaviour was all the more remarkable as rodents, reptiles and other small living things tend to make up the diet of the green tree python.
This is really cute!!!
^To keep us alive until oitnb returns in 2015
A delicious concept dreamed up by Say It With Flours
Seriously, what the police are doing is not “bad”, it’s illegal.
There is a reason why people are raging mad at this situation, and it’s because it’s a blatant violation of basic human rights.
If you don’t understand that, then you are part of the problem.
this guy was watching the vmas with me and now he’s educating himself how precious is that
he keeps asking me all these questions about aspects of feminism and he’s like “so basically it’s about letting women do what they want without being judged for it” and I was like yea and he was like “oh okay that’s so simple why isn’t everyone a feminist” it’s precious
update: I banged him
It’s time to EDUCATE YO’SELF.
pumpkinonline is a farming and dating RPG game (inspired by Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing, if you’re into that) currently in the works. It’s gonna be the BEST DAMN MMORPG ON THE INTERWEBS, and I’ll tell you why:
- it will feature NPCs of multiple skin tones, physical ability levels, and body types.
- Character creation will feature MANY more skin tones than most RPGs allow (the creators are even designing a character with vitiligo).
- You won’t have to choose your character’s gender until AFTER YOU’VE CREATED YOUR AVATAR, so trans* and nonbinary characters will be not only encouraged, but freaking possible. Your character can have any body you want—from rail-thin to “chubby”, big breasted or flat-chested, muscular or wiry—and THEN you get to choose how they identify.
- Your character can date or marry any NPC or player character in the game world, regardless of body or gender. Multiple player characters can date the same NPC and each play as if they are the only character dating that NPC.
- Into polyamory? Cool! You can date multiple NPCs in the game without drama, and will also be able to negotiate polyamorous relationships with other players in the game who are into it too!
- Asexual/aromantic? Also cool! Dating isn’t required in the game, and physical affection is mostly just implied rather than explicitly shown. You can farm to your heart’s content and make best friends with NPCs and other characters if that’s all you want to do.
- The head of the design team for the game is an African-American woman. Supporting diversity in gaming companies FTW.
- Speaking of the design team, they have been super helpful and responsive to people who want representation in the game. If you look at what’s being designed and you feel left out for some reason, contact them and they’ll try to fix it!
The reason I’m putting so much effort into this post is because Pumpkin Online, this massively inclusive and positive (and fun looking!) game is still in the fundraising process. They have 20 days (as of today) to raise $22,000 for the project. They have staggered levels of rewards on Kickstarter; a minimum $20 donation will get you beta access to the game. If you want this game to become a real thing, go donate here or at least signal boost the pumpkin guts out of this. Please. For me.
Just donated 20 bucks. Do want. Yes please.